Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas Wrapping Paper

I'm sure many of you have parents or grandparents who re-use wrapping paper.
Both my parents grew up during the Great Depression (yes, they both are that old), and the word "save" to them was LAW. (Who am I kidding; it still is! <<grin>>)

So we could count on getting at least one present wrapped in paper re-used from the year before. And the year before that. Aaaaaaand the year before that. I seem to recall one particularly garish piece of wrapping paper that lasted at LEAST 4 years before it finally got too dilapidated to use again (accidentally, of course).

This year there won't be any presents from Mom. But the fact that I won't be receiving any presents from her doesn't make me as sad as the knowledge that I won't be laughing (or groaning) about re-cycled wrapping paper from her either.

No comments:

Post a Comment